LocationBrighton (UK Pathways College)
Salary16,000.00 GBP per annum + benefits
Start dateApplication Closing Date 13 January 2014 « back to job listings
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International’s activities span a dynamic, growing English language business, a broad suite of higher education programmes in UK, Asia Pacific and Australia and a professional and vocational training operation which offers courses in Australia and Asia Pacific.
In our Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from university foundation certificates in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Nigeria through to full degree programmes in business and management at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities and our focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students flexible higher education study options.
As the Assistant Administrator/Receptionist, you will manage reception ensuring that all students, staff and visitors are welcomed to the college and that the information they receive is informative and accessible to all.
Main responsibilities and functions
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Student Services, you will be responsible for:
- Handling frontline enquiries and reception duties – dealing with customers, students and visitors to the college either in person, or by telephone, e-mail etc.
- Producing and distributing information leaflets and materials to students and maintaining adequate stocks for distribution
- Supporting the updating and development of the college’s Student Data Management System
- Supporting international students on welfare activities, including arrivals, registration, orientation, accommodation and other related activities
- Organising social, sports and extra curriculum activities, including promotion maintenance of events in relevant areas (i.e. social media i.e. Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Assisting with absence reporting and attendance monitoring
- Producing and issuing supporting letters to students
- Assisting with activities to support local marketing and recruitment activities, including helping with in-coming visitors
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Assistant Manager of Student Services.
You will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition you will have:
- 1 years’ experience of working in a busy customer service environment or in the education sector
- A strong interest in working with students and, in particular, international students
- Strong organizational skills
- A willingness to work flexibly and to tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A pleasant and professional personal and telephone manner
- Strong administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Experience of working with data management databases and strong record-keeping skills
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a key member of a front-line customer-facing team
- Experience of working with students, preferably international students (desirable)
Interviews: Are scheduled to take place the week commencing 20 January 2014
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Criminal Records Bureau. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of CRB and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date: 5.00 pm Monday, 13 January 2014
Further Information, please contact:
Head of Student and Academic Services