Student Services Assistant
Salary17,500.00 GBP per annum + benefits
Start dateApplication Closing Date 17 February 2014 « back to job listings
Kaplan International (KI) is a division of Kaplan Inc., the largest subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company which is a diversified education and Media Company whose principal operations include educational services, television broadcasting, cable television systems, and online, print and local TV news. Kaplan International’s activities span a dynamic, growing English language business (KI English), a broad suite of higher education programmes in UK, Asia Pacific and Australia (KI Higher Education) and a professional and vocational training operation which offers courses in Australia and Asia Pacific (KI Professional & Vocational).
Our English language division offers programmes at schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand which include tuition, accommodation and social activities. With a presence in a wide range of popular, desirable global destinations, including a school on the 63rd floor of the Empire State Building, students from more than 100 countries choose to travel and study with us each year.
As the Student Services Assistant, you will work within our academic team at our Oxford College. You will be responsible for the smooth running of reception services whilst providing all students and visitors with a friendly welcome and top quality customer care. The position is based in Oxford, but may require occasional attendance at other sites within the UK.
Main responsibilities and functions
- Ensuring the reception desk services of the school is run efficiently and effectively and the reception area is kept tidy and well presented at all times
- Delivering a high level of customer service to all students and visitors in a warm, friendly and courteous manner and managing the visitor check in & out system
- Developing a good knowledge of KIE’s courses and services in order to deal effectively with day-to-day queries from existing and prospective customers
- Managing local and walk-in business and to refer such business as necessary to other members of staff
- Assisting the Student Services Manager with day-to-day student administration, including the preparation of welcome & leavers’ packs, registration forms, ID cards and student letters
- Processing all payments made to the school through the reception till and recording all financial transactions accurately
- Organising refreshments for in-company and external visits to the school
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Principal or Student Services Manager.
Qualifications and experience (desirable)
• University degree
• Customer Service qualification
• Experience of working in a customer facing environment
• Experience of problem solving and managing conflicts
• Experience of dealing with money
• Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
• The ability to deal with and resolve a high volume of queries
• A strong attention to detail and high level of data accuracy
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• The ability to find and present solutions to achieve customer satisfaction
• Solid IT skills and ability to navigate a student database system (including Microsoft Office suite)
• The ability to demonstrate international and cultural sensitivities
• The ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member of a team
KIE Oxford is a lively, dynamic school situated just south of Summertown. The school has excellent facilities having been recently refurbished and Interactive Whiteboards installed in each of the classrooms. Our dedicated teachers are fully supported by the Academic Team which has a strong focus on continued professional development, innovative use of IT & achievement of student goals. The student’s experience is also equally important to the Student Services team who strive to provide superior customer service. KIE Oxford is housed in an attractive Edwardian building with a modern prize –winning extension. Students have use of a well-resourced study centre, a large modern café and a beautiful garden.